Use the TUW test offer at BIPA shops in Vienna and register for the COVID-19 vaccination in the separate category "Schoolchildren, students and university staff".
In addition to applicable distance, hygiene, FFP2 rules and our QR code access scans, extended testing is an effective, tactical way to contain the pandemic.
The Rectorate has negotiated the participation of TU Wien in the Viennese programme "Alles gurgelt" (everything gargles) and can now offer all TUW staff and students voluntary PCR self-testing by gargling method for home use, in addition to the distribution of rapid antigen tests by TU GUT and the municipal offer of test lanes and sniffing checkboxes:
- As of now, test kits are available for all employees to pick up in Viennese BIPA shops.
- From 22 March 2021, the offer is valid for all students, so that they can enter the summer semester after the Easter holidays with a valid, negative test.
If you would like to take advantage of this additional TUW test offer , please do the following:
- For employees , registration takes place by providing the mobile number and PIN for TU Wien 5065 at allesgurgelt.at/teilnahme. A link will be sent to the given mobile number as an SMS within one day.
- Students will receive their own PIN for registration in due time.
- By pressing the link in the SMS, a barcode will open in the browser.
- This code entitles you to collect the weekly quantity of 2 test sets per person in the household (but no more than 8) from a Viennese BIPA shop free of charge.
- After the samples have been taken, they can be returned to the Viennese BIPA branches.
- A test result will be sent to the person within 24 hours if it is handed in at a Viennese BIPA shop before 9:00. If handed in at a later time, the delivery of the test result may take a little longer.
- FAQ and Service Centre: The project "Alles gurgelt" is implemented with the logistics partners BIPA/REWE and Österreichische Post AG. The samples are collected via BIPA shops and transported by the Austrian Post to the Lifebrain COVID laboratory, where the analysis takes place. FAQs can be found at www.lead-horizon.com/alles-gurgelt. In addition, the Service Centre can be reached by telephone +43 11 90 22 3 or by mail info @ allesgurgelt.at from Monday to Sunday from 8:00 to 22:00.
Corona vaccination: vaccination plans
High vaccination coverage is the best hope for reducing the spread of the virus. The National Vaccination Committee in the Ministry of Health has made clear and unambiguous recommendations and defined which groups of people are to be vaccinated in which phase of the vaccination schedule: www.sozialministerium.at/dam/jcr:84c0691f-502c-4c32-9911-c95392097dd4/210224_COVID-19-Impfplan.pdf (as of 24.02.2021).
Category "Pupils, students and university staff"
The COVID-19 vaccinations in Vienna are also divided into different phases: impfservice.wien.
Currently, the province of Vienna is rolling out a vaccination campaign targeting teachers of all school types as well as kindergarten and after-school care teachers. Teachers and employees at Viennese universities can register for the COVID-19 vaccination in a separate category "Pupils, students and university staff" and will be considered separately in the online registration.
In general, please make use of the very good (also multilingual), multimedia information offers of the Ministry of Health and the City of Vienna about testing and vaccination possibilities so that you can decide responsibly and get through this time well.
The Rectorate of TU Wien thanks you very much for your carefulness and assistance!