In the light of the current COVID-19 situation, adjustments are necessary for our university operations.
In the light of the current COVID-19 situation , adjustments are necessary for our university operations. In the following, we would like to give you an overview on the regulations in force at TU Wien until the end of June. These regulations are evaluated on a monthly basis.
Study and teaching
- The majority of the approximately 2,000 courses have been transformed into distance learning formats. Teaching formats that cannot be held online, such as laboratory exercises, can be completed on site. This regulation remains in force.
- No face-to-face examinations can be held. The examinations already planned for February must be held in an online version. Teachers who need support in planning and implementing their online examinations can contact the Distance Learning Team as usual.
- In the event that it is not feasible to hold examinations online, it is still possible to submit applications for attendance dates , which will be assessed and, if necessary, approved by the Vice Rectorate for Academic Affairs. Requests that have already been confirmed remain valid.
- Students and also teachers who have praise, suggestions, wishes, criticism or complaints regarding the online teaching, please continue to use the " mailbox ".
- Further details on study operation will follow in a separate mailing.
The previous approach to research operations will be maintained.
All employees who can also do their work from home will continue to remain in the home office in agreement with the immediate superior (UV). For work that requires the presence at the workplace at TU Wien, employees are still entitled to enter the TUW-buildings in agreement with the UV.
- Mandatory QR code registration when entering TUW buildings remains in place.
- The most important protective measure against COVID-19 infections is the safety distance of at least 2 m. This safety distance must be maintained within all TUW properties, including outdoor areas.
- An FFP2 mask must be used in all public areas of the TUW.
- The TU Wien provides five FFP2 masks per month per employee on site through the GUT Service Unit of Safety and Occupational Health. The heads of institutes and departments are asked to report the demand of their organisational unit to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will then be contacted by the responsible person. You will then be informed by the responsible staff member about the place and time of collection of the FFP2 masks.
- Filtering FFP2 masks are reusable. Two methods are recommended for their reprocessing: Regular changing and reuse only after a storage period of at least 3 days or sterilisation with steam under pressure (see Factsheet resp. colab.tuwien.ac.at/x/95Wx ).
- The general hygiene guidelines must still be observed. Please do not forget frequent ventilation.
- For further materials useful for COVID-19 prevention (disinfectants, Plexiglas partitions, etc.), please contact gut @ gut.tuwien.ac.at as usual.
The previous procedure will be retained:
Through your disciplined behaviour over the past months, you have contributed to making working at TU Wien as safe as possible under these circumstances. We are currently recording 4-5 positive COVID-19 cases per week. In order to make an additional contribution to reducing the risk of infection, easy-to-use antigen self-tests will be available at all porter’s lodges, presumably from 01.02.2021 onwards. Please note, however, that testing does not override any of the necessary safety measures. Masks must be worn and the safety distance must be observed even after a negative self-test. In case of a positive self-test, please follow the reporting process.
Thank you very much for your care and best wishes,