Menü ein (oder ausklappen)
As Austria’s largest research and technology organisation for applied research, we have set ourselves the goal of making substantial contributions to solving the major challenges of our time, climate change and digitization. To achieve our goals, we rely on our specific research, development and technology competencies, which are the basis of our commitment to excellence in all areas. With our open culture of innovation and our motivated, international teams, we are working to position AIT as Austria’s leading research institution at the highest international level and to make a positive contribution to the economy and society.
Our Center for Energy located in Vienna invites applications for an internship . Our experts from the Competence Unit "Integrated Energy Systems" the generation and integration of renewable energy sources and storage into the existing energy markets, as well as the decarbonisation of district heating, industrial processes, mobility as well as by supporting greening the gas. The transformation and digitalization of the energy system requires not only technological solutions, but above all the interaction of technical possibilities with the energy markets.
FEMtech Internship in the Field of "Integrated Energy Systems"
CENTER FOR ENERGY
- Throughout this internship you will get to get to know our interdisciplinary team of research engineers and scientists and have the chance to actively contribute on achieving climate goals for a sustainable future.
- Under the guidance of our team, you will gain insights into our national and international research projects conducted in cooperation with innovative partners and start-ups in the Energy sector or in collaboration with heat & electricity suppliers and grid operators.
- Depending on your study programme you will be able to choose from a wide range of tasks, that contribute to our scientific work, such as:
- programming activities
- support in the conception and development of simulation and optimisation models in the area of decarbonisation of industry, heat or the market integration of storage systems and flexible components
- statistical analysis of measurement data using modern modelling and simulation tools.
- graphical preparation of the obtained results, ensuring that they can be scientifically used for projects reports.
- You will bring your own ideas and contributions and will further develop your practical skills in programming languages.
- You will gain a detailed insight into current issues in energy research and deepen your knowledge by exchanging views and ideas with our team of experts.
- You will get in contact also with other interns from different thematic competence units and build up connections for your professional future.
- Optional: You have the opportunity to work on your final thesis within a knowledgeable and supportive team.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- You are studying in the field of Energy Systems, Renewable Energy Systems, Energy Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering, or similar
- You are enrolled at an Austrian university and you have completed at least 3 semesters of studies
- Programming capabilities (such as Python, R, Julia) are beneficial
- Interest and knowledge in the development of mathematical algorithms
- Good knowledge in one of the following electricity, gas and heat system/markets
- Interest in the new and innovative topics in the field of energy economics
- Interest to work in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate on different topics
- Good verbal and written English and/or German skills
What to expect:
- Duration of the internship: 4-6 months
- A remuneration of at least EUR 1.400,-- gross per month for 38.5 hours per week. In addition to our company benefits, we offer flexible working conditions and work experience in a highly innovative environment.
- As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and implementation of final theses. In case you are interested in writing your bachelor’s or master’s thesis throughout this internship, please let us know. We are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
AIT participates in the FEMtech programme of the Austrian Research Promotion Agency
. At AIT diversity and inclusion are of great importance. This is why we strive to inspire women to join our teams in the field of technology.
Please submit your application documents including your CV and cover letter online.
For further information please contact:
Tara Esterl, Tara.Esterl(
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.