We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety and Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna.
Senior Scientist (m/f/d) for Cloud-Edge Computing in Crisis & Disaster Management
- Center for Digital Safety & Security -
- Our Competence Unit Cooperative Digital Technologies is a European pioneer in the development of data-centric solutions in the field of crisis and disaster management and defense
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will develop solutions to integrate and exchange data from Internet of Things - IoT and edge devices into a joint data space in order to create intelligent digital twins and support decision making on an operational, tactical and strategic level
- You lead and design national and European research projects in the field of data-centric applications in the cloud-edge continuum
- You bring your experience in the areas of edge computing, distributed systems, communication networks, and data management to design new innovative solutions supporting governmental and organizational resilience.
- You will work in interdisciplinary projects with users and researchers from different areas.
- You evaluate new technological trends, take an active part in formulating the strategy of the Research Field “Societal Resilience & Security” and implement the strategy successfully in operational terms.
- You will help shape future standards and research strategies within the framework of national and international committees.
- You acquire exciting research and customer projects and convince project partners of our solutions.
- You will motivate, lead and develop an interdisciplinary team of researchers from the fields of sensor technology, interoperability and data analysis.
- Your publication activities in specialist journals and presentations at conferences as well as your network activities contribute significantly to the international reputation of the team.
- Your research results are highly valued by science and industry and have proven themselves successfully in practice.
- You are a competent contact person for our customers and can develop technical and scientific concepts from their requirements.
- You actively pass on your knowledge to colleagues and guide students.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, or similar
- In-depth knowledge in the area of cloud-edge computing, especially in the design of complex system architectures
- Background in Data Science and/or distributed computing beneficial
- Several years of experience in the management of complex research projects as well as proven competence in leading and developing teams in a research environment
- Experience in successfully soliciting customer and funding projects at an international level
- Good networking in international research, governmental organizations, and / or industry
- Enthusiasm for creative solutions and the power of vision
- Very good expression and presentation skills in spoken and written German and English
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 59.584,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.