We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- Center for Digital Safety & Security -
- Cryptography is a key enabler of emerging applications from Industry 4.0 over autonomous driving to smart wearables. However, currently deployed cryptographic techniques were not designed with today's heterogeneous challenges in mind.
- As part of our internationally renowned, vibrant and agile team that has been leading and participating in European and national research projects in the field of cryptography, you will create high quality software for devices securing data transfer and communication.
- You will integrate research results from quantum and post-quantum cryptography into actual products.
- Together with your colleagues you will develop new key management solutions for secure communication networks using agile software development concepts.
- You will refine existing software in C/C++ on Linux machines and/or embedded devices.
- You will interact and communicate with partners in national and international research projects and develop concepts, specifications, and procedures to achieve defined project goals.
- The software you co-develop will be used in pilot projects for secure communications in infrastructures of European technology leaders.
- Your contributions play an important role in our success in ongoing and future research and contracted research projects.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- Completed studies in computer science, preferably in the area of information security or cryptography
- Experience in software engineering in C/C++
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language (e.g., Python, Rust, or Java) is a plus
- Knowledge of modern software development concepts (e.g., CI/CD, agile SW development, Clean Code, git) is a plus.
- Knowledge of cyber security, cryptography, and network communication is a plus
- Hands-on mentality and enthusiasm for creating sustainable technical solutions and implementing them in practice
- High commitment and ability to work in multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Affinity for abstract, mathematical thinking and cyber security
- Proficient English (written and spoken); good German (written and spoken) is a plus
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.