We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our LKR Leichtmetallkompetenzzentrum Ranshofen, a subsidiary company of AIT is looking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Ranshofen.
- Leichtmetallkompetenzzentrum Ranshofen -
- We are leading the way in the further development of wire-based additive manufacturing using electric arcs of light metals, a future key technology for industry. We are the first point of contact for industrial partners from the automotive, aerospace, space and rail vehicle construction sectors in the EU.
- The welding processes available at the LKR and the welding materials developed are to be used and improved for specific applications. The investigation of innovative welding wire types in combination with adapted and sensor-supported process variants is a core topic that needs to be expanded.
- As part of our multidisciplinary team , you will conduct research and process investigations in the field of wire-based additive manufacturing of light metal components by means of arc- or plasma-based welding processes for novel, improved, optimised applications.
- You manage national and international cooperation projects (technical, commercial) and work with project partners from small, medium and large-scale industry.
- You carry out the independent scientific planning, implementation and evaluation of experiments, the scientific preparation of results and summaries for documentation and presentation.
- You support the operation and expansion of the laboratory infrastructure with your expertise and know-how.
- You will design and acquire new research projects in the field of wire-based additive manufacturing and related / corresponding technology topics for various industrial fields.
- You publish your research results in scientific journals and participate in international conferences.
- You supervise Master' and PhD candidates to expand the team.
- You independently find solutions to previously unanswered research questions.
- You actively contribute both your network and your views on the challenges to projects.
- You will develop into a national and international expert and bring your subject area to the forefront of international research.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- Completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering, welding technology, materials science or a similar field.
- Experience in welding technology (IWE, IWT) of light metal alloys e.g. aluminium, titanium, magnesium.
- Experience in robot operation and programming advantageous (ABB, KUKA, or similar) as well as in the operation of CAD or CAM systems for generating path planning for WAM
- Programming skills (C++, Python, PLC, or similar) advantageous
- Independent and structured way of working, ability to communicate and work in a team
- Experience in management (technical, commercial), acquisition and submission of research and development projects
- Expertise in developing test plans for process and material investigations using DoE or similar
- Enjoyment of research and enthusiasm for unconventional solutions, creativity and visionary power
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, knowledge of German is desirable.
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company social benefits, flexible working conditions, individual further training, and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivation letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.