We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- Center for Energy -
- Using cutting edge digital methods and our City Intelligence Lab , the Digital Resilient Cities Competence Unit pioneers new ways to develop innovative solutions for the sustainable, intelligent, and resilient living spaces of tomorrow and is a national and international leader in integrated, smart and carbon-neutral urban and mobility planning.
- As Head of Competence Unit you will achieve these goals together with a team of proven experts in an international, dynamic environment. The context of the work is highly interdisciplinary and encompasses the fields of energy, climate and mobility.
- You will lead and coordinate the Digital Resilient Cities Competence Unit which currently has around 50 employees and will be responsible for overseeing the budgetary and scientific aspects of the unit.
- You develop the competence unit’s strategic orientation regarding both current and future market and innovation trends. You shape the framework conditions for successful implementation of strategic goals.
- You continuously expand national and international strategic partnerships with relevant companies, research institutions and urban stakeholders, thereby creating the conditions for the economic exploitation of research results in an international environment.
- You are responsible for achieving the Competence Unit’s economic and scientific goals and securing a sustainable position as a leading innovation partner for national and international business partners.
- You actively support the development of employees and ensure a balanced competence profile within the unit.
- You create effective work and communication processes within the Unit and the Center and are proactive in collaborative decision-making processes.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- University degree, preferably a doctorate, with relevance to urban development and urban infrastructure
- Experience in leading innovation projects and work packages in companies, research institutions or municipal administrations
- Experience in developing and implementing research and innovation strategies
- Experience in leading project teams; experience in building research teams and developing employees is preferable
- An active network in the research/innovation community as well as proven experience in professional and industry-specific client networks
- Very good command of English and German
The minimum gross annual salary starts at EUR 90,000,-- (this is based on the collective agreement, supplemented by further variable salary components). The actual salary package will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, the promotion of gender diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivation letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.