We are all deeply shocked by the war in Ukraine - We are providing assistance within AIT’s own sphere of influence and supporting our employees in their own efforts to help.
- We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community.
- Our 7 centers specialize in the research and development of infrastructure solutions of the future, for e.g. digitization, decarbonization, smart cities, network security, intelligent production and assistance systems, transport optimization, electromobility, molecular diagnostics, or e-health systems.
- As a scientist (m/f/d), you will work project-based and in multidfisciplinary teams and will focus on the scientific part of our research projects.
- Within these projects you will work with state-of-the art technologies, have access to top-notch laboratories and will come up with solutions for real-world problems.
- You will conceptualize, write grant proposals, and develop scientific methods and will lead competitive applied research projects in the field based on your own ideas.
- You will also have the chance to interact with external partners and advise our industrial customers on specific scientific questions.
- Furthermore, you will make sure that your research results are published in highly ranked journals and will present them at national and international conferences.
- Your commitment and know-how allow you to develop solutions for complex applied research questions.
- Your curiosity, creativity and dedication will drive to the development of our research fields.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- You hold a degree (ideally MSc. or PhD) in a MINT-subject
- Previous experience in research projects is welcome
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition to the gross annual salary (based on the collective agreement), which will be determined on your qualifications and experience, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities. Especially in these difficult times, we welcome and support scientists, engineers and technical experts from Ukraine, interested in working in our applied research projects.
- We offer individual paid placements (short and longerm/permanent) for Ukrainian scientists, doctoral, postdoctoral researchers or students who wish to continue their research that is thematically connected to AIT’s research fields.
- There will be access to office and lab infrastructure.
- Additional support, as needed, will be provided – such as connecting researchers with local academic institutions and funding organizations but also support for housing, child care or German language courses, if needed. We will try our best to find a solution that supports scientists and students to continue with their research.
- Support during a short term stay (individual package e.g. housing/childcare support). If long term stay is intended we support with application for adequate residence/work permit.
- Subject to individual needs (such as housing, childare, contact to academic institution and funding)
At AIT we have a variety of job offers - All our current position can be found at ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.ait.ac.at%2F&module=jobs&id=35140" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.ait.ac.at%2F&module=jobs&id=35140" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://jobs.ait.ac.at/ .
Should you be interested in a specific position, please apply for that specific opening directly via our job portal - This will help us in processing and reviewing your application even faster.
In case you do not find any open position that fits to your profile, which is thematically connected to AIT’s research topics , then please submit your unsolicited application
(including your CV and motivation letter) below.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.