We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Low-Emission Transport
is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- The battery is the centrepiece of modern electric drive concepts. In order to make this electric energy storage unit as efficient, powerful, cost-effective and safe as possible, together with our international multidisciplinary team of scientists, students, engineers and technicians you will develop the next generation of energy storage materials for a sustainable electromobility.
- You develop concepts, specifications and procedures for the development of new materials for energy storage applications and characterize them using techniques such as XRD, SEM and TGA/DTA - particular focus on post-Lithium Ion technologies (e.g. Mg-Ion).
- You design, acquire and lead national and international research and client projects.
- You define and write research proposals.
- You build a network with both industrial and academic partners.
- You write scientific publications and support other scientists in doing so.
- You supervise international interns, master and PhD candidates.
- Your results contribute to the success of our current research and development projects.
- You support applications for new projects.
- You establish new methods and processes within our post-Lithium Ion team.
- Your results will build your expertise and international recognition within the area.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*
What to expect:
- You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, physics or materials science
- You have at least 5 years of experience in electrochemical characterisation and materials development for energy storage (use of Maccor, Biologic or comparable systems)
- You have experiences in Lithium ion technologies, but ideally have had first experiences with Post-Lithium Ion materials, e.g. solid-state electrolytes
- You have good experience in materials synthesis and working in a chemical laboratory
- You are a good communicator and highly motivated team player
- Very good English (written and spoken at technical level), German desirable, but not necessary
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 53.382,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female candidates! Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.