We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy in Vienna invites applications for a:
- Currently there are around 200 international students participating in our AIT PhD Programme .This programme is carried out in cooperation with national or international universities and offers you the opportunity to conduct your dissertation in collaboration with our experts and our national and international project partners from the industry or other research organizations. Thus, you have the chance to develop "out-of-the-box" solutions for real-world problems: Let's make ideas work!
- At the Center for Energy , we are working on future mobility and energy system solutions. The goal of one of these solutions is to study the effects of the future of the transportation systems (e.g. e-mobility) on future energy consumption and energy systems.
- The aim is to better understand the impact of (e-)mobility on the energy system and thus to be able to better assess future needs and development requirements and to make a significant contribution to the climate goals of the European Union.
- During this PhD project, together with our interdisciplinary team, you will develop a simulation model for estimating the impact of (e-)mobility on the energy system.
- You will extend the model with regard to different vehicles (e.g. freight transport, vehicle classes) and will work on modelling a typical user behavior. Charging strategies and awareness raising measures will be efficiently integrated into the model through your modeling skills.
- You will apply your proposed enhancements and will perform various software optimizations.
- You will conduct large-scale (computer-aided) experiments and will analyze the obtained data.
- You will formulate conclusions and recommendations.
- Within this PhD framework programme, you will have the opportunity to get a training in scientific work and to develop both personally and professionally.
- You will engage in independent scientific planning, execution and evaluation of studies, scientific preparation of results and summaries for documentation and presentation.
- Through your work, it will be possible to formulate recommendations to policy- and decision-makers to advance the achievement of climate targets, in particular those regarding the decarbonization of the mobility sector.
- Your innovative results will contribute to the success of our research projects in the field of sector coupling.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner* :
What to expect:
- Completed Master studies (MSc.) in informatics, traffic telematics, mathematics, electrical engineering, or a similar field
- Excellent programming skills (for e.g. Python, R, Java, etc.)
- Good knowledge in combinatorial optimization, in particular exact and heuristic optimization methods
- Hands-on mentality as well as solution and impact orientation
- High commitment and ability to work in a team as well as willingness to show interest for related topics
- Excellent language skills in English and preferably also in German
EUR 31.326,4 gross per year, for 30 hours / week, plus additional company benefits. You will be part of our international AIT PhD community and participate in our AIT PhD framework programme. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of PhD theses and we are looking forward to supporting you!
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female candidates!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online. For further information please contact:
Matthias PRANDTSTETTER, matthias.prandtstetter
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.